The St. Louis Physician Alliance (SLPA) is an independent physician association building a world class health care delivery system. Backed by the strong support of United Surgical Partners International (USPI), SLPA is leveraging USPI’s organizational commitment to partner with providers to support both primary and specialty care physicians. This collaborative effort delivers the highest quality of care at the greatest value for payors and has established opportunities of ‘shared savings’ and other value-based payments systems.
SLPA has a physician-led Board of Managers and professional management team focused on:
- Quality improvement processes, designed by physicians
- Strong clinical integration across all points of care
- Health Information Technology (HIT) and analytical reporting
- Transparent provider reward system
- Strong contracting, network development, and compliance support
- Efficiently reducing rate of increase in the cost of care
As a participant in SLPA’s system of clinical integration, members will:
- Contribute to a successful integrated system of care
- Benefit from evidence based processes, protocols, and clinical pathways – created by SLPA physicians
- Gain actionable data for continuous quality and efficiency improvement
- Utilize decision support tools
- Coordinate care for patients in all care settings, with advanced electronic information integration
- Improve practice and patient satisfaction
- Optimize the use of practice management and innovative resources to reduce practice costs
Can any physician be a member of SLPA?
Application for membership is open at this time to any board-certified or board-eligible physician wishing to join SLPA and its clinical partners in an accountable alliance to improve quality, reduce costs, and clinically integrate the care of our patients. Participation in SLPA ACO requires a separate application process during a defined annual CMS enrollment window. All members must meet participation criteria as defined for each application. The physician Board of Managers will review and approve applicants for membership.
Is there a fee to be a SLPA member?
Yes, a one-time participation fee of $300 per physician is required. In addition, we ask that all SLPA participants maintain an active role in our committees. Committee participation provides the physician member with important opportunities to help shape SLPA’s overall direction, develop its operations, promote our mission, and contribute to the success of the organization. There is no additional fee to participate in SLPA ACO once a physician is a member of the St. Louis Physician Alliance.